The site of the killing of Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Abzard, Iran, November 27, 2020


Using the Jewish Chronicle, Israeli sources have claimed their one-ton, remote-controlled gun killed top Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh on November 27.

The “intelligence sources” said the gun was smuggled piece-by-piece into Iran by the Israeli intelligence service Mossad. It was mounted on a Toyota pickup truck and fired on Fakhrizadeh’s three-car convoy in Abzard, east of Tehran.

They claimed a team of more than 20 Israeli and Iranian nationals carried out the operation after eight months of surveillance.

Citing “top international intelligence sources”, the report says US officials were only given a “little clue, like checking the water temperature” before the attack.

Confirmation of Iran Account

Iranian officials initially said 12 gunmen “affiliated with Israel and the Global Arrogance“ had attacked Fakhrizadeh and his 12 bodyguards, after an explosive device was detonated to halt the three-car convoy.

They later revised the account to say a volley of shots had stopped the convoy. When Fakhrizadeh stepped outside the car to investigate the noise, he was struck by machine-gun fire.

On December 7, Revolutionary Guards Deputy Commander Ali Fadavi said a “satellite-controlled smart system…zoomed in” on Fakrizadeh’s face, and the scientist was struck by four or five bullets, including a fatal shot to his spinal cord, while his wife was unharmed “25 centimeters away”.

See also Iran: “Nuclear Scientist Killed By Satellite-Guided Remote Control Machine Gun”

According to the Chronicle, “Israeli analysts” assess that Fahrizadeh’s death extends the period of time for Iran to develop a nuclear weapon, if it chose to do so, has been extended from 3 1/2 months to 2 years.

Four Iranian nuclear scientists were assassinated between 2010 and 2012, with Israel the chief suspect. In 2018, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu named Fakhrizadeh as the director of Iran’s nuclear project — “Remember that name, Fakhrizadeh” — as he accused Iran of hiding and expanding a weapons program.

Iran has suspended adherence to some provisions of the 2015 nuclear deal with the 5+1 Powers (US, UK, France, Germany, China, and Russia), after the Trump Administration’s withdrawal in May 2018 and imposition of comprehensive sanctions six months later. Last month, the Islamic Republic returned to its pre-2015 enrichment of 20% uranium, which can potentially be further enhanced to military-grade 90%.

However, there is no confirmed evidence that Tehran has begun pursuit of a nuclear weapon.

See also Supreme Leader and Biden Trade “You Go First” Statements

However, Jacob Nagel, a former national security advisor to Prime Minister Netanyahu, proclaimed:

The Mossad had documents proving that Fakhrizadeh had worked on several nuclear warheads, each one able to cause five Hiroshimas.

He was serious. He still meant to do what he planned. So someone decided that he had had enough time on earth.

On Tuesday, the Israel Defense Forces said in its annual threats assessment report that Iran could develop a bomb within two years, enriching sufficient uranium within four months.