- Israel-Palestine Daily: “High Alert” in Jerusalem as Police Restrict Entry to Al-Aqsa Mosque
- Syria Audio Analysis: Will Assad’s Bombs Win the “Patchwork War”?
- Iran Daily: A Show of Unity at a Funeral or A Sign of Divisions Within the Regime?
- Iran Feature: “Detained Opposition Leaders Should Be Executed Like Mussolini” — Head of Guardian Council
- Syria Daily: 200 Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga To Help Defend Kobane Against Islamic State?
- Syria Feature: Regime Takes Key Town of Morek in Hama Province
Syria 1st-Hand: Freed Prisoners Speak About Islamic State of Iraq’s Torture & Executions
- "They executed prisoners right in front of our eyes"
- One of those killed "was a 15-year-old, only this tall"
- "We were saved at the last minute
- they were preparing their grenades"
Earlier this week, a group of prisoners freed from an Islamic State of Iraq and as-Sham jail appeared on video to talk of their experiences.
They made us pray with our hands tied. They said you are Ahfad Satan [Grandsons of the Devil] and not Ahfad al Rasul [the insurgent brigade Grandsons of the Prophet].
They executed prisoners right in front of our eyes.
They tortured [a prisoner] to admit he’s an infidel. On the 5th day he said yes. So they killed him.”
Two Kurds were tortured and accused of being members of the [Kurdish insurgency] PKK. They never confessed…. One of them was shot right in front of us; they put a pistol to his head and shot him. The guy couldn’t even speak Arabic.
They took a 15-year-old boy, and accused him of being a shabbih [pro-Assad militiaman]. They pulled out his fingernails, and got him to finally confess to raping three women. [He was] a 15-year-old, only this tall.
[A prisoner] said he was wounded in his hand. So they electrocuted his hand with a cattle prod.
Five minutes before we were freed, they had us lined in a cave and were about to execute us all.
We were saved at the last minute; they were preparing their grenades.