Donald Trump reads from notes to reporters, White House Lawn, November 20, 2019 . (Jacquelyn Martin/AP)
So after the public hearings of the impeachment inquiry into Donald John Trump, where are we and what happens next?
Here’s an 8-Point Guide:
1. Did Donald John Trump and Rudolph Giuliani pursue Ukraine’s statement of investigations of Trump’s political rivals?
2. Did Trump and Giuliani establish a quid pro quo for that statement?
3. Will Republican legislators acknowledge the evidence?
4. Is the Trump-Giuliani campaign a threat to US and Ukrainian national security?
5. Are these impeachable offenses?
6. What happens next?
7. Will Trump be convicted and forced out of the Presidency?
8. Should this process be pursued to its conclusion?