- Iran Special: Was a Fake Photo Used for Shock Claim of “New Underground Nuclear Facility”?
- Iran Daily: Rouhani — “US Must Correct Wrong Approach in Nuclear Talks”
- Syria Daily: Assad Regime Expels Top UN Humanitarian Staff
- Iran Analysis: How Israel’s Military Stopped Netanyahu’s Airstrikes
- Iraq Video Feature: Islamic State Destroys Archaeological Treasures in Mosul
- EA Audio Analysis: Have Boko Haram and Islamic State Established an Alliance? (No.)
Iraq in Images: Islamic State of Iraq Celebrates Mass Execution of Shia Detainees
An account supporting the Islamic State of Iraq and as-Sham has posted photographs of what appears to be the mass execution of detainees after insurgents took cities in northern Iraq this week.
A Twitter account linked to ISIS claimed on Friday that the group had executed 1,700 Shia prisoners and pardoned 2,500 Sunni detainees after moving into Mosul on Tuesday.
The photographs are the first visual support of the claim. They are among other images of the ISIS offensive, celebrations, and the roundup of prisoners.
Iraq’s top military spokesman, General Qassim al-Moussawi, confirmed the authenticity of the photos. He said the killings took place in Salaheddin Province, whose capital is Tikrit and that an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot to death.
Warning — Graphic: