- Syria Daily: Regime Bombing After Loss of Idlib — “More Than 50 Killed”
- Iran Analysis: Why A Nuclear Deal Might Overcome Opposition in Washington
- Iran Daily: Nuclear Talks To Be Extended Through Thursday
- Syria Video & Transcript: Assad’s Interview with America’s CBS News…Before the Fall of Idlib
- Yemen Developing: Saudi-Led Airstrikes Continue
- Syria Daily, March 24: How Many Regime Troops Were Killed by Islamic State in Hama Province Last Week?
Iraq in Images: Islamic State of Iraq Celebrates Mass Execution of Shia Detainees
An account supporting the Islamic State of Iraq and as-Sham has posted photographs of what appears to be the mass execution of detainees after insurgents took cities in northern Iraq this week.
A Twitter account linked to ISIS claimed on Friday that the group had executed 1,700 Shia prisoners and pardoned 2,500 Sunni detainees after moving into Mosul on Tuesday.
The photographs are the first visual support of the claim. They are among other images of the ISIS offensive, celebrations, and the roundup of prisoners.
Iraq’s top military spokesman, General Qassim al-Moussawi, confirmed the authenticity of the photos. He said the killings took place in Salaheddin Province, whose capital is Tikrit and that an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot to death.
Warning — Graphic: