- Israel-Lebanon-Syria Developing: Hezbollah Missile Attack Kills 2 Israeli Soldiers, Injures 7
- Iran Daily: Head of Revolutionary Guards — “Jerusalem Will Be Liberated Soon”
- Syria Daily: State Media Insists “Atmosphere of Optimism” in Russia’s “Peace” Talks
- Syria Feature: Claim — Jabhat al-Nusra Demanding Conversion in Druze Communities in Northwest
- Syria Interview: Assad’s 57-Question Encounter With Foreign Affairs Magazine
- Saudi Arabia Developing: King Abdullah Dies, Prince Salman Takes Throne
Iraq in Images: Islamic State of Iraq Celebrates Mass Execution of Shia Detainees
An account supporting the Islamic State of Iraq and as-Sham has posted photographs of what appears to be the mass execution of detainees after insurgents took cities in northern Iraq this week.
A Twitter account linked to ISIS claimed on Friday that the group had executed 1,700 Shia prisoners and pardoned 2,500 Sunni detainees after moving into Mosul on Tuesday.
The photographs are the first visual support of the claim. They are among other images of the ISIS offensive, celebrations, and the roundup of prisoners.
Iraq’s top military spokesman, General Qassim al-Moussawi, confirmed the authenticity of the photos. He said the killings took place in Salaheddin Province, whose capital is Tikrit and that an examination of the images by military experts showed that about 170 soldiers were shot to death.
Warning — Graphic: