EA’s Scott Lucas spoke with BBC West Midlands this afternoon about the news that the US Government has decided to openly arm Syrian insurgents, considering the motives and implications. Listen below.
1. Do the US and Britain have firm evidence that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons, the pretext for the American decision? (No.)
2. Is this the same as the pretext for the Iraq conflict? (No.)
3. Why are the US motives different this time?
4. With support from Britain? (Far more than support.)
5. Where is this going to end? (It doesn’t, for a long time, until Assad finally falls.)